A boy Arjun Singh age about 14 years son of Ashok Singh resident of Dehradun, Uttaranchal consumed some poisonous substance in his room in the premises of Hanuman Mandir, Srinagar. A police statement said on Monday.
It added the boy was shifted to SMHS hospital for treatment by his father, where he breathed his last.
His father Ashok Singh is reported to be working at Hanuman Mandir, Hari Singh Highstreet, Srinagar.
Srinagar police has initiated inquest proceeding under section 174 CrPC to ascertain the cause of the death of the boy.