15-Year-Old Vehicles Eligible for Scrap Subsidy: Transport Commissioner

   

SRINAGAR:  Transport Commissioner of Jammu and Kashmir, Vishesh Paul Mahajan, on Friday said the transport subsidy scheme, part of a broader initiative to phase out vehicles over 15 years old, is receiving a positive response.

Follow Us OnG-News | Whatsapp

Speaking to media persons in Srinagar, Mahajan, said buses, matadors, and minibuses in this category are eligible to apply for a subsidy by scrapping their old vehicles and providing proof of the scrapping process. “We have advertised it. The RTO has informed me that about 35 applications have been received,” he said, urging more people to participate in the scheme.

Mahajan mentioned that around 100 applications had been received from Jammu. He also discussed ongoing efforts to improve road safety in the region, particularly during the ongoing Road Safety Month.

The Transport Commissioner called for adherence to traffic rules to create a safer driving environment. He urged drivers to wear seat belts and helmets, warning that violators would face strict penalties, including licence cancellations and vehicle seizures. “If someone’s life is in danger because of you, it is our duty to take action,” he said.

Mahajan warned of severe penalties for those involved in dangerous stunts or violating traffic rules, especially if parents fail to manage their actions. (KNO)

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here