Two persons including five years boy were electrocuted in two separate incidents in the valley. A police statement said on Saturday.
A 24 years old Adil Ahmad Shah son of Abdul Rehman resident of Jungle-Nard Gulzarpora, in Awantipora received an electric shock and was critically injured when he was watering under construction Masjid Sharief and the water came into direct contact with high tension overhead power supply cables at Jungle-Nard Gulzarpora.
He succumbed on way to the district Hospital, Pulwama. The body of deceased was handed over to his relatives for last rites.
Meanwhile, five years old Saqib Ahmad Najar son of Parvaiz Ahmad resident of Pomposh colony Noorbagh, Srinagar received an electric shock at his home and was seriously injured. He was shifted to SMHS hospital where he breathed his last.