SRINAGAR: At least two dozen persons mostly children were hospitalised after they consumed ‘poisonous food’ at Zagipora Chararisharief area of Central Kashmir’s Budgam district on Friday.
Quoting an official the news agency KNO reported that 24 persons from village Ziagipora Chrowni block of Charisharief were received at SDH with an alleged history of food poisoning (consumption of yellow rice, Tahri).
When contacted by Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Budgam, Tajamul Khan, he said that they have so far received about two dozen people from the village at Sub District hospital Chararisharief and among them, 15 were shifted to SMHS and GB Panth hospital for treatment.
He said that they have sent ambulances to the said village and put all the staff on alert to handle the situation.
An official said that further investigation has been started.