30K Youth In Kashmir Got Recruited Through Transparent Manner: LG Sinha

   

SRINAGAR: Jammu and Kashmir’s Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Tuesday said that this year so far 1.27 crore tourists have visited the UT and the number is all set to cross previous year’s record.

Follow Us OnG-News | Whatsapp

Addressing a gathering at Charar-e-Shareef in Central Kashmir’s Budgam district, LG Sinha showered praises on the revered saint Sheikh-ul-Alam Sheikh Noorudin Noorani (RA) and said that world knows Sheikh-ul-Alam. “The saint doesn’t need to be introduced to anyone in the world as he is Sheikh-ul-Alam not Sheikh-ul Kashmir. The saint was an epitome of sufism,” Sinha said.

He said that a peaceful atmosphere is prevailing in Kashmir as business remains on throughout the year and schools and colleges are functioning normally. “I keep on saying always that nothing is possible without peace. No development is possible unless peace is established. There was a time when a shikara owner, a hotel owner and a common auto-rickshaw owner would suffer a lot due to uncertainty. We have come out of that phase,” Sinha said, adding that “this year so far 1.27 Crore tourists have visited J&K and the figure is much higher than the last year. We hope to see record breaking tourist arrivals by the year end.”

He said that a large number of tourists have started frequenting Kashmir, and it is the prime duty of the administration to ensure quality infrastructure. “We are setting up tourist infrastructure everywhere in the UT to give best facilities to our guests,” he said. “When large number of guests would date with Kashmir, our local shopkeeper, taxi driver, hotel and shikara owner will earn and at the end, our economy will improve.”

He said that Kashmir University’s full-fledged Centre will come up at Budgam district and he will discuss the issue with the Vice-Chancellor KU shortly. About the district hospital in Budgam, he said that the hospital will offer all major facilities to people.

“I will not make claims of something that can’t happen. I won’t make hollow promises so that if someone will replace me and will claim this was promised but didn’t happen,” he said.

Sinha said that so far, 30,000 youth got jobs and all were selected through transparent manner. “Recruitment process will once again start from September this year,” he said. Present on the occasion were Divisional Commissioner Vijay Kumar Bidhuri, ADGP Kashmir Vijay Kumar, Secretary Tourism Syed Abid Rashid and other officials of the administration. (KNO)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here