In a shocking incident, five year old girl died after she and her family members consumed expired Maggie last evening in Kulgam district’s Manzgam Aharbal Village.

Deceased girl has been identified as Aabroo D/O Nisar Ahmad R/O Manzgam, Noorabad district Kulgam died while 5 of her family members fell unconscious after they consumed expired Maggie manufactured in 2007. Other Four Persons have been shifted to a Srinagar hospital after stomach wash at Maternity and Child Care hospital Anantnag.

Referred patients were identified as Gulzar Ahmad Check S/o Abdul Rahman Check,( father of the deceased girl) Mehbooba Banoo (mother of the Gulzar) her 4 year Sister, Shaziba, 3 years old Sahil and her 1 year old Cousin brother identified as Rahil  S/o Gulzar Ahmad Check.

After post mortem, 5 years old girl was buried in her native village by villagers in absence of her family including her parents as they have been referred to Srinagar for further treatment.

Death of five year old girl has shocked the whole area of Noorabad constituency and locals are blaming the market checking agencies for the incident that took place in the village. “CAPD Department has never visited the area or areas of Noorabad in order to check the market”. Basher Ahmad, a local said, adding only we can see them behind political leaders at every moment as they are the workers of these political leaders.

Locals also expressed anguish over the alleged negligence of the Ambulance driver as his vehicle ran out of fuel midway while carrying the patients. They have demanded a stern action against the Ambulance driver.

SHO Mohammad Shafi told a local news agency KNS that Police have initiated investigations and the FIR would be registered after ascertaining the actual reason of death.

Meanwhile, Superintendent of Police Kulgam Mohammad Shafi Mir while confirming the death of Aabroo told KNS that the police have initiated proceedings under 174 Cr.pc.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here