The negligence on part of the Power Development Department ruined life of a 10 year old girl in North Kashmir’s frontier district of Kupwara, reports said.
According to a local news gathering agency, a 10 year old girl Gudi Jan daughter of late Abdul Rashid Famada resident of Padipora Hajibal Kalaroos Kupwara was on way to her tuition centre when her foot touched an unattended HT wire lying on the ground. Her brother Zaman Ahmed said that she received several shocks and was rushed to SKIMS where doctors amputated her left arm.
“The life of my sister has become hell and she is struggling for life in the hospital. She has also suffered grave head injury,” he said.
Demanding stringent punishment for the PDD officials, the family alleged that despite registering an FIR vide number 20/2014 under section 285, 337 in police station Kalaroos no action has been taken against the erring employees who made the life of a 10 year old girl miserable.
When contacted, a PDD official posted in Kupwara district, who wished to remain anonymous, said that they are investigating the matter and trying to ascertain why the HT wire was lying on the ground unattended.