SRINAGAR: All schools, Higher secondary schools, colleges and Anganwadi centres will remain closed in JK till October 31 2020, Chief Secretary, J&K and Chairman, State Executive Committee, BVR Subrahmanyam said on Wednesday in its new Unlock guidelines.
According to order all schools, colleges, higher educational institutions (including Anganwadi centers), etc., will continue to remain closed till October 31, 2020, except training institutions run by the Central/State government.
However, the following will be permitted:
- Online/distance learning shall be permitted.
- 50% of teaching and non-teaching staff shall be permitted to be called to Schools for online teaching/ tele-counselling and related work, in areas outside containment zones only.
- Students of classes 9 to 12 are permitted to visit their schools, in areas outside the Containment Zones only, on a voluntary basis, for taking guidance from their teachers. This shall, however, be permitted subject to the written consent of their parents/ guardians, as per the SOP already issued in this regard by the MoHFW.
- Skill or Entrepreneurship training will be permitted in National Skill Training Institutes, ITIs or other training centers registered with the Mahone! Skill Development Mission or JK Skit Masson National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD). Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (11E) and their training providers will also be permitted, as per the SOP already issued in the regard by the MoHFW. Govt. of India.
- Higher Education Institutions will be permitted only for research scholars (PhD) and PG students In Science and technical streams requiring lab/experimental works from 15″‘ October. 2020.. The Head of Higher Education Institutions will satisfy herself 1 himself that there Is a genuine requirement of research scholars (Ph D) and PG students in science and technology stream for laboratory/ experimental works.
- Coaching centers/institutions shall be permitted to run classes. outside the containment zones only. wet 15″October. 2020, up to 50 percent capacity of the centers strictly as per the SOP issued by Ministry of Education, GOI.
- Swimming Pools being used for training of sportspersons will be permitted to open with effect from 15′ October 2020, strictly as per the SOP issued by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MoYA&S).
The educational institutions were closed almost seven months back in the wake of coronavirus outbreak in Jammu and Kashmir that has so far claimed 1291 lives and infected over 81793 people across the UT.