SRINAGAR: Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education on Monday decided that Bi-Annual students of class 10th and 12th who have already passed two or more subjects shall be promoted to next higher class.
According to a notification issued by BOSE, the Secondary School (Class 10th ) and Higher Secondary Part-11 (Class 12th) Annual Bi-Annual (Private) Examinations, Session 2019-20 of Kashmir Division, and Winter Zone areas of Jammu Division, which were scheduled to be held in the months of March-April 2019 could not be conducted in view of COV1D-19 Pandemic followed by the Nationwide lockdown.
Now therefore to save the academic career of the students who were supposed to appear in said examinations in March-April 2020 and had submitted the Permission cum Admission Forms for the said examination, it has been decided as under:-
- Candidates who have already passed two or more subjects shall be promoted to next higher class as per the following formula:
- The marks in 5th subject shall be awarded by taking the mean of the marks scored in the already passed four subjects.
- The marks in 4th subject shall be awarded by taking the mean of the marks scored in the already passed three subjects and marks in the fifth subject shall be awarded by taking Mean of four subjects.
- The marks in 3rd subject shall be awarded by taking mean of the marks scored in already passed two subjects, marks in 4th and 5th subject shall be awarded by taking mean of the marks scored in three and four subjects respectively.
- All such candidates who are declared pass by applying above formula shall he granted admission in class 11th for the current session in relaxation of 66% requirement of minimum attendance, as one-time exception.
2 Candidates who have Failed in all Subjects/ Fresh (Private) or who have been placed under reappear Category in Four Subjects. Examination of class 10th and 12th in respect of candidates falling in this category i.e. Fresh/Fail in all subjects and re-appear in four subjects of class 10th and 12th of Kashmir Division /Winter Zone Jammu Division shall be conducted preferably in 2nd quarter of September 2020. All such, candidates of 10th class who are declared successful in the said examination of Annual/Bi-Annual (Pvt.) 2019-2020 Session shall be allowed to appear in 11th Class examination 2020-2021 Annual/Bi-Annual Private Session and granted provisional admission in 12th class Session 2021-2022. However, the provisional admission of such of the candidates who fail to qualify the said 11th class examination 2020-2021 Annual/ Bi-Annual Private shall be treated to have been cancelled and they shall not be allowed to appear in the HSP-II (Class 12th) Annual Regular 2021-22 examination.
- The candidates who have applied for Division Improvement or appearing in an additional Subject of HSP-II (Class 12th) Annual/Bi-Annual Pvt. 2019-20 shall also be allowed to appear in the forthcoming Examination.
- The Candidates having passed two or more subjects who express dissatisfaction over their results declared after awarding marks by taking Mean of the basis of the already passed subject as detailed above at Point-1 shall have an option to appear in the examination as and when conducted for the candidates of Serial No: 02 above, for which they have to apply within 08 days of declaration of results.