SRINAGAR: Two brothers were found unconscious after consuming some poisonous gas while digging a well in Nipora area of Dooru in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district on Sunday afternoon.
A police official told the news agency KNO that the duo got unconscious due to consuming of some prisons gas inside the well following which a police team was rushed to the spot.
“Later the duo was retrieved by a joint team of Municipality Dooru and locals after hectic efforts,” he said.
He identified the duo as Mohammad Yousuf Ganie (50) and Mohammad Issaq Ganie (40) son of Ghulam Mohammad Ganie-residents of Nopora.
Medical Superintendent Government Model Hospital Dooru, Dr Rafi Ahmad Salati said that the duo are stable and have been referred to GMC Anantnag for further treatment.