SRINAGAR: Former Union Minister Saifuddin Soz on Sunday said he had been released from “house detention”.
“I was told by a guard on August 5, 2019, that I have been placed under house arrest. When I asked about the orders, he said these days everything is done verbally. Now yesterday evening, I was informed by the security guard verbally that I was free from house detention,” reports quoted Soz as saying.
Soz said he was told that he was free to venture out of his residence but regretted that the government was carrying out arrests and releases of political leaders while ensuring ‘no records’ were maintained.