Day After Electrocution, PDD Daily Wager Succumbs At SMHS Hospital

SRINAGAR: A daily wager employee of Power Development Department (PDD), who was electrocuted on Saturday afternoon in Chawalgam area of south Kashmir’s Kulgam, succumbed to his injuries at SMHS Srinagar on Sunday, an official said.

Quoting an official news agency KNO reported that a PDD daily wager Sartaj Ahmad Sheikh, son of Ghulam Mohi-ud-Din Sheikh of Hanand, Chawalgam received serious burn injuries due to electric shock when he came in contact with a live wire in Hanand locality on Saturday.

Sartaj was immediately taken to GMC Anantnag where doctors referred him to SMHS hospital in serious conditions.

However, the injured man succumbed to his injuries today at SMHS hospital, they added.

Locals said Sartaj was the lone bread earner of his family.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here