KL NEWS NETWORK
Jammu and Kashmir Police have shifted many of its Dy SP officers and mostly in South Kashmir.
Sources said that at least 13 transfers were affected at Dy SP level.
Many officers from South Kashmir have been shifted out and they have been filed by their counter parts.
Kashmir is witnessing a renewed uprising and at least 53 civilians have been killed since July 09, a day after popular militant commander Burhan Wani was killed in Kokernag area.
As per an order number 2238 of 2016, dated 31.07.2016, thirteen deputy superintendents of police (DSP) have been transferred.
As per the order the transferred officers include:
- Gawhar Ahmad, DYSP Hqrs Islamabad is transferred and posted as DYSP JKAP-7th Bn against available vacancy.
- Sajad Ahmad Sheikh, Dy SP PC Islamabad is transferred and posted as DYSP IR-6th Bn against available vacancy.
- Mohammad Muzaffar, DYSP PC Imam Sahib Shopian is transferred and posted as DYSP AC HG Srinagar vice Mohammad Shafi.
- Mohammad Aslam, DYSP PC Kokernag is transferred and posted as DYSP PC Magam Handwara vice Abdul Ghafoor.
- Zahid Aziz Samoon, DYSP IR-3rd Bn is transferred and posted as DYSP PC Kokernag vice Mohammad Aslam.
- Abdul Ghafoor, DYSP PC Magam Handwara is transferred and posted as DYSP JKAP-5th Bn vice Afrat Hussain.
- Sourab Prashar, DYSPAC HG Doda is transferred and posted as DYSP PC Srinagar against Deputation Reserve post of DYSP.
- Riaz Ahmad, DYSP IR-18th Bn is transferred and posted as DYSP PC Srinagar against Deputation Reserve post of Dy SP.
- Afrat Hussain, Dy SP JKAP-5th Bn is transferred and posted as DYSP PC Islamabad vice Sajad Ahmad.
- Sheikh Mudasir Ahmad Farooqi, DYSP JKAP-8th Bn is attached with SSP Srinagar for special duties till further orders.
- Manzoor Ahmad, DYSP IR-8th Bn is transferred and posted as DYSP PC Imam Sahib Shopian vice Mohammad Muzaffar.
- Mohammad Shafi, DYSP AC HG Srinagar is transferred and posted as DYSP Central store Srinagar vice Liaqat Ali.
- Liaqat Ali, DYSP Central store Srinagar is transferred and posted as DYSP Hqrs Islamabad vice Gawhar Ahmad.
Meanwhile, as per another order, order no 2239 of 2016, Dy SP Sajad Ahmad Malik has been assigned to look after police stations Nigeen and Zakura and Dy SP Majeed Mosavi will look after police stations Nowgam and Pantha Chowk.
On Monday again, South Kashmir’s Shopian district witnessed massive pro-freedom rallying. People held protest demonstrations and raised anti-India slogans.
On Friday evening, three persons were hit by bullets including a lady who hit in her abdomen. The trio are in Srinagar hospitals. Scores of others were injured by pellets.
Massive protest demonstrations were witnessed in Imam Sahib area where an SOG camp is located in main chowk.