#Day53: Grievance Cell @ 011-23092923 Set Up For Kashmiris In J&K, Outside

The Indian Express


A 24×7 grievance redressal helpline was on Tuesday set-up for Jammu and Kashmir people, particularly students residing out of the state.

The Union Home Ministry has nominated Sanjay Roy, Director (Media), as the nodal officer for grievances relating to Jammu and Kashmir persons, particularly students residing outside the state, a government release said.

The grievances can be reported, 24×7, on the following phone numbers: 011-23092923, 011-23092885 and email: [email protected]

The nodal officer will receive complaints from Kashmiri people and youths facing harassment in different parts of India. He will also coordinate with states for an early disposal of such cases.

The announcement for appointing such an officer was made by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh during his two-day visit to Kashmir Valley recently during which several political parties had raised the issue of harassment of Kashmiri youths in various parts of India.

During the recent uprising in the Valley, reports of alleged harassment of Kashmiri youths were received from states including Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh.

(This is an abridged news item which first appeared in The Indian Express.)

I agree to the Terms and Conditions of Kashmir Life


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here