SRINAGAR: Electric appliances worth lacs were destroyed and a commercial building damaged in an overnight blaze at Budshah Nagar locality in Natipora in central Kashmir’s Srinagar district.

An official told GNS that a fire broke out in a three storeyed commercial building on intervening night of January 1 and 2 in which a shop-cum-showroom ‘Rather electric store Havels Glare’, dealing in electric/electronic items got involved in the mishap.

“Roofing and front side showcase of building, windows along with ceiling in attic, furniture and stored electric wires, switches, washing machines, ACs, geysers, freezers, refrigerators, ceiling/wall/exhaust fans worth lacs were gutted in the mishap”, the official said adding firewood stored at back side of the involved building was also partly gutted.

Fire tenders from Nowgam and Rawalpora were called to the site which after hectic efforts put out the fire, the official added.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here