Film Shooting Resumes in Kashmir After Pahalgam Attack

   

SRINAGAR: Film shooting resumed in Kashmir for the first time since the April 22 Pahalgam attack, marking a boost for the region’s tourism and entertainment industry.

Follow Us OnG-News | Whatsapp

A South Indian film crew has started shooting at picturesque locations across the Valley, signalling renewed confidence in the region’s security environment.

Omer, popularly known as Sk Sam, Casting Director at Casting Kashmir, according to Daily Excelsior, said the Pahalgam incident had earlier prompted many production houses to cancel their schedules in the Valley. “After the attack, most film crews withdrew their plans to shoot in Kashmir. Now, with this new project underway, we hope to see more filmmakers return to the Valley,” he said.

The film’s director and lead actors admitted they initially had concerns about security but said those apprehensions faded upon arrival. “Once we reached here, we found the environment peaceful and safe. The people have been cooperative, the security arrangements are satisfactory, and we’ve been able to work comfortably,” they said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here