KL NEWS NETWORK
At least 11 residential structures were Tuesday completely gutted in a fierce blaze at Gat Colony in Noorbagh in Qamarwari area of Srinagar.
Locals told KNS that early this afternoon fire erupted in a house in Gat colony and engulfed twelve neighbouring residential houses. Locals said that the cause of the fire could be electric short circuit. However, officials said that the fire might have broken out due to gas cylinder leakage
Official in Fire Service department said that four fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the flames and prevent the fire from spreading further.
Tehsildar Eidgah, Nusrat Aziz said that the fire has fully gutted 11 residential structures. “Eleven residential structures have been completely gutted. And 14 families have become houseless,” Nusrat said.
She said that the government has provided nine tents to the families, besides Rs 2000 cash and 5 kg free rice to each family for temporary relief.
Sanaullah Sheikh, a fire victim, said that they have become homeless and “we appeal the chief minister to provide us sufficient compensation so that we could live again”.