SRINAGAR: A Kashmiri aspirant, Adam Mohiuddin’s name has featured in the recommendations given by the Union Public Service Commission to the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) to fulfill 76 vacancies from the reserve list in order of merit.
Adam hails from Mattan area of South Kashmir’s Anantnag district. He is an engineering graduate from NIT Srinagar. He had done his schooling from the Delhi Public School, Srinagar and had appeared twice before the UPSC Board.
The press statement that was issued in this regard, read:
The result of the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2020 was declared vide Press Note dated 24.09.2021 recommending 761 candidates in order of merit for appointment to IAS, IFS, IPS and Central Services Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ against 836 vacancies.
- The Commission in accordance with the Rule 16 (4) & (5) of the Civil Services Examination Rules, was also maintaining a Consolidated Reserve List in order of merit below the last recommended candidate under the respective categories.
- As sought by the Department of Personnel & Training, the Commission has now recommended 75 candidates which include 52 General, 19 OBC, 02 EWS and 02 SC, to fill up the remaining posts based on the Civil Services Examination, 2020. Particulars of these candidates are included herewith. The candidates so recommended will be intimated directly by the DOP&T.
- The candidature of following 04(Four) candidates bearing Roll No, 0806225, 0867284, 1200240 and 5815776 are provisional.
- The Reserve List of Civil Services Examination, 2020 shall be subject to the outcome of Writ Petition(s) (C) No. 5153/2020 & 7351/2020 pending before the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi.
- The list of these 75 candidates is also available on the UPSC website
Adam’s name features third on the list.