Jammu: The Government on Friday said that the accused, a minor (15 years old), has been arrested in connection with the death of a minor girl in Hiranagar area of district Kathua.

Follow Us OnG-News | Whatsapp

The spokesman said Minister for Revenue & Parliamentary Affairs, Abdul Rehman Veeri informed the House that the accused has confessed to the crime.

He said the investigation conducted by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) headed by SDPO border Chadwal revealed that the accused kidnapped the minor girl and put her in a nearby cowshed at village Rassana, where he attempted to rape her and when she resisted, he killed her by way of strangulation. He said the accused has been arrested and further investigations are on.

Giving details of the case, the Minister said that on 12.01.2018, the complainant Mohammad Yousuf S/o Shab Din R/o Rassana Mohara, Tehsil Hiranagar produced a written application before the police stating therein that his daughter namely Asifa (8 years) had gone for grazing horses in the nearby forest area. At about 1600 hours, the horses returned to the Dhera but Asifa did not return. Consequently, the complainant along with others started the search in the forest and on the next day they again searched the forest areas but Asifa could not be traced.

As per the content of the application, case FIR No: 10/2018 U/S363 RPC was registered and the investigation started.

The Minister said that during the course of the investigation, a police party of Police Station Hiranagar and VDC Badoli visited the spot and search of Rassana forest were conducted along with civilians residing in the area.

He said on 17.01.2017, the dead body of missing girl Asifa was recovered from the Rassana forest area. Thereafter the police team along with SDPO and SHO Hiranagar visited the spot and photography of dead body was conducted by crime photographer, service of FSL team was also utilized. The dead body of deceased was taken into police custody for post-mortem.

Hang Till Death

Later on, the dead body was shifted to District Hospital Kathua for conducting the post-mortem through the board of doctors. After the post-mortem, the dead body was handed over to its legal heirs for last rites.

Investigation of the case is in progress to collect more evidence about the commission of the offence by the accused, he said.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here