At least seven shops and a sumo stand office were gutted in a mysterious fire which broke out at Tarathpora area in Kupwara’s Vilgam belt.
Locals said the fire broke out around 12:45 Am on Friday late night at Tarahtpora market resulted in complete damage to seven shops. The shops were part of a shopping complex that belongs to Khazir Mohammad Mir and Mohammad Sultan Mir.
Fire tenders put off the flames with the help of the locals. There was no report of injury in the fire. When contacted police station Vilgam, they said we are collecting the data and the cause of the fire is an electric short circuit.