Police on Thursday issued a following statement regarding the Lethpora attack saying that Police in Police district Awantipora attended a gruesome terror crime spot at Ladhu Mode Lethpora at about 1515 hours following an explosion by terrorists targeting a security forces’ convoy travelling from Jammu to Srinagar.
“One vehicle which was part of the convoy carrying CRPF Personnel bore the brunt of the blast resulting in multiple casualties,” said the statement.
“Exact number of casualties is being ascertained, so far 33 fatal causalities have been confirmed. Injured have been shifted to hospitals for medical treatment,” it said.
“Police has registered a case in the matter. Officers investigating this terror crime are at work to establish the full circumstances which led to the blast,” it added.
“We condemn this gruesome terror attack and stand by the families of martyred and injured jawans at this critical juncture,” said the statement.
“Citizens are requested to stay away from the blast site as the blast site needs to be preserved properly for investigators to examine. Your cooperation will be much appreciated in this regard,” it said.
“If you have any information that can assist police in investigating this terror crime, you may kindly contact police,” said the statement.