MHRD’s special scholarship scheme; JK students to get admission under supernumerary quota

KL Report


The Ministry of Human Resource Development is implementing a special scholarship scheme for students from Jammu and Kashmir. In the Inter-Ministerial Committee meeting, it was decided that students who do not get routine admissions in colleges/ institutes, will be given admission under super numeracy quota.

In reply to a question by G. N. Ratanpuri, the minister of Human Resource Development told Rajya Sabha, that accordingly, the University Grants Commission has approved two seats under supernumerary quota in all recognised universities and institutions across the country.

“Directions have been issued on 12.10.2012 and the seats are expected to be available by next session, i.e. May 2013”.
In reply to another question by G. N. Ratanpuri, the Minister assured that disbursement of scholarships to 5008 students, who are studying in different institution across the country, under PM’s special scholarship scheme are under process and avoid delays applications will be received on-line.

In a separate letter the minister assured the Member of Parliament from J&K  that scholarships will be distributed by March,2013.


  1. i m an orphen i m studing mba in kc group of institutions under punjab techenical university. i had submitted online form but in return there came no response or no verification and i request to yourself plz review my form get verification.

  2. I m doing at Alfalah school of engg. And Tech. Affiliated to MDU..i hv submitted online scholarship form in feb.2013 and varification is also done …but after that no information i got from aicte sch..nw what can i do

  3. I am persuing LLM outside state Of J&K and I have submitted scholarship Under special scholarship for JK students by MHRD,one year has elapsed but till date a have not recieved any thing from concerned Ministry

  4. Dear Sir,as per your advNo-pc/02(02)/2013 i have submited on line form before 18th of Feb-2013 which was last date for the same,As i am daughter of poor father who is doing pvt job.needs scholarship as per the policy of aicte/MHRD GOI FOR THE JAMMU AND KASHMIR Wards who are studiying out of State.I am proceeding my 4 year Digree in Engineering from kurukshetra university.Hope for your positive respond.

  5. Sir i m the student f rawal institutions of eng n tech faridabad frm kashmir i hv aplied manualy as well as online but my name wasn’t considered during verification by ur team i visited aicte office seven times but no response from dere side

  6. Sir acording to Daily Aftab Urdu newspaper(11 may 2013) of Kashmir in which Higher education minster Mh Akber Lone totaly denied abt the scolrship nd he also pointed out that all 5000 students prsuing education outside state throug this very scheme r fake nd Govt. Is nt responsle for their carier….

  7. Esteemed sir I belong from a very poor family .I had completed my gradua ion 2011 till from date i cant continue my further studies.My aim was to do MbA From india’s reputed college which my family cant sustain, plz sir have delibration on my view . That will be your’s great kindness

  8. Sir i m student of n i am doing my degree frm galaxy global group of instution under kurushetra universty. Pls guide me for this scholarship scheme. i belong frm poor family ….. from where we get this scholarship form.This scholarship is very important for me.Hope for your positive respond.

  9. I have completed my engineering this year in electronics and communication. Now I want to enroll myself in I am eligible in applying for MHRD scholarship scheme as per the eligibility criteria. Can you please guide me about the application procedure.

  10. sir,i have completed my 3 years diploma course in electrical engg. in the may/june 2013 session.i want to take admission in & iam eligible for mhrd scholarship scheme.can you please guide me about the application procedure

  11. I request AICTE to pay the fees for some colleges which they have missed in the previous order because the college authorities are asking the students to either take some steps to make the government pay the fees or pay it themselves.

  12. sir, i filled the scholarship form and even the mhrd representatives came to my university for verification.
    i was told that my name will be out in 2nd list but it is not there what i have to do now please gude me and reply me soon

  13. Sir, i am a student of shri.F.H colleges nidhauli kalan etha….We are facing problems after problems,the managmentnot taking any action for our betterness.And the college has leave us for vacation for five months and there were no news of our final paper..So sir i want to change my college for better studies…..

  14. Sir when will be the scholarship distributed to the students of jammu and kashmir for the year 2012-2013 ,our name are enrolled in recomended list 2

  15. sir,i applied for BTec under MHRD scheem,it is said that the GOVT will not pay any mony to the colleges and it may create a problem to the students.Sir is it so,as it is the matter of carrier.

  16. Sir,

    I want to do B.Tech.What i have to do Because iam apoor Boy . My Father is Doing Pvt.Service In Factory.
    Thanking You
    Nitish Kumar
    R.O. Amowal
    Tech. & Distt. Samba Jammu (J & K)

  17. I completed my B.A and L.L.B (Academic) now tell me what I do as I am belongs from poor family I have no brother my father is only source of income, no one is employ in our family so need to do further study now what I do. My plane is to do CS or CA. Plz suggest me thank U.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here