SRINAGAR: Reacting to the recent surge in encounters in Jammu and Kashmir, Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday said that there was no question of security lapses but added that the number of incidents is low compared to the past.

In Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, Rajnath while talking to the media, said that it cannot be said that the militant activities have increased after the elections, but the fact is three to four such attacks have been reported while the security forces are giving a befitting reply, and many militants have been killed as well.
“It is not a question of security lapses; we are familiar with the number of activities in JK earlier. However, such attacks have reduced compared to the past. The security forces are alert,” he said, adding that these attacks will happen till the militancy will be eliminated completely from the soil of JK and it will witness development as well.
Pertinently, nearly one dozen people including a doctor were killed in twin attacks at Gagangeer area of Sonmarg and Gulmarg areas last month.
Following the attacks, the government in Jammu and Kashmir has stated that every drop of blood will be avenged. (KNO)















