Ending all the speculations the ruling National Conference Friday decided that the party working president and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah will leave his ancestral constituency of Ganderbal and will contest from Sonwar and Beerwah constituencies in the upcoming assembly elections.
Jammu & Kashmir National Conference General Secretary Ali Mohammad Sagar announced the fourth list of 22 candidates for the Assembly Elections 2014. Earlier the party had announced a list of 62 candidates.
The Parliamentary Board under the Chairmanship of the Working President Omar Abdullah cleared a list of 22 candidates, 15 Candidates for Kashmir region and 7 Candidates for Jammu region.
The Parliamentary Board comprising of A.R. Rather, Ali Mohammad Sagar, Mian Altaf Ahmad, Mohammad Akbar Lone, Ajay Sadhotra, Nasir Aslam Wani and Devender Singh Rana met here and discussed the panels of candidates received from the Block and the District Committees of the party.
The list is as under:
- 28-Beerwah Omar Abdullah
- 24-Sonwar Omar Abdullah
- 15-Pattan Aga Syed Mehmood
- 26-Chadoora Ali Mohammad Dar
- 33-Pulwama Ghulam Nabi Ratanpuri
- 18-Hazratbal Mohammad Sayeed Akhoon
- 19- Zadibal Peer Afaq
- 40-Anantnag Dr. Mehboob Beg
- 36-Shopian Sheikh Rafi
- 14-Gulmarg Dr. Mustafa Kamal
- 17-Ganderbal Sheikh Ashfaq Jabbar
- 8-Sopore Mohammad Ahraf Ganai
- 1-Karnah Kafeel-ur-Rehman
- 10-Bandipur Mohammad Abdullah Wani
- 5-Langate Wali Mohammad
- 83-Rajouri Mirza Abdul Rashid
- 54-Bhaderwah Dr. Riyaz Bhaderwahi
- 61-Chenani Sansar Chand
- 52-Inderwal Chaudhary Salaam Din
- 71-Gandhi Nagar Surinder Singh Bunty
- 80-Chhamb Shakti Bala
- 59-Gool Arnas Dr. Shamshad Shan