SRINAGAR: An employee of Power Development Department (PDD) received severe burn injuries after he received an electric shock while repairing a transformer and transmission lines in Seelo area of Sopore in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district on Sunday evening.
Reports said that a 50-year-old daily wager employee identified as Ghulam Hassan Sheikh, son of Wali Muhammad of Seelo Sopore suffered serious burn injuries on his arm and leg when he was repairing a transformer in Seelo area of Sopore.
Quoting officials news agency KNO reported that daily wager employee was immediately rushed to SDH Sopore for treatment with the help of locals.
PDD Sopore division’s Exen, Tariq Ahmad termed the incident as unfortunate and said that “our employee on duty suffered severe burn injuries while repairing transformer.”
He said they will provide adequate compensation to the employee.
However, the family members said that none of the PDD employees visited them so far, adding that it was for the second time that their beloved has received an electric shock, saying that he suffered burn injuries in January 2017 in the same village while performing his duties.
They demanded authorities to regularize him, saying that he has served as a daily wager in the department since 1997 and was accidentally injured two times while performing his duties.