SRINAGAR: An employee of Power Development Department (PDD) was electrocuted to death on Tuesday in Khag area of central Kashmir’s Budgam district.
Quoting police sources news agency KDC reported that Mohammad Amin (lineman) son of Abdul Khaliq Bhat of Sodipora Budgam was electrocuted to death while he was repairing a high transmission line at Kanchatpora area of Khag.
They said Bhat was immediately shifted to SDH Beerwah where doctors declared him dead.
After completing medico-legal formalities the body of Bhat will be handed over to his family for his burial, they added.
Police have taken cognizance of the incident and further investigation has been launched.