Police solves murder case in Baramulla



Jammu and Kashmir Police on Thursday claimed to have solved a murder case after carrying out a thorough and professional investigation in the matter.

A police spokesman in a statement said that on December 16, 2019, PS Pattan received a missing report regarding Naveed Ahmad Lone son of Mohammad Yousuf Lone resident of Neharpora Sopore. Accordingly, the missing report was registered and search for the missing person was started.

“On 17-12-2019, dead body of the missing person was recovered from Renji NHW. A case FIR No. 214/2019 under relevant sections of law was registered in Police Station Pattan and further investigation in the matter was initiated,” said the spokesman.

“During the course of investigations, the officers learnt that the deceased had last visited house of his brother-in-law namely Abdul Rashid Rather son of Ghulam Qadir Rather resident of Takiya Tapper,” he said.

“Subsequently, officers while investigating the case spoke to his brother-in-law Abdul Rashid Rather. As the investigation progressed, the officers learnt that the said individual was involved in the murder of Naveed Ahmad,” he added.

“Investigations into the case revealed that on 16.12.2019, Ab. Rashid had visited Naveed at Sopore and assured him to pay back his amount of Rs 10 lacs. Accordingly Ab Rashid  along with Naveed arrived from Sopore and visited the house of Ab Rashid at Tapper Pattan  at about 1330 hrs on 16.12.2019. Subsequently Abdul Rashid sent his wife and daughter to his brother’s house which is away from the house of the accused Abdul Rashid,” said police spokesman in a statement.

“The accused Abdul Rashid told Naveed that he had kept Cash rupees 10 lacs inside the car and accompanied Naveed up to the car which was parked inside the compound of his house. The accused Ab Rashid then opened the doors of the car and took an amount of Rs. 30,000/- from a gunny bag which was lying inside the car and asked Naveed to fetch his money from the bag lying inside the car. When Naveed was about to fetch the money, the accused Ab Rashid attacked him with a wooden mallet on the head. Consequently, Naveed stumbled and the accused pushed him inside the car and covered his face with the polythene and again hit him with the wooden mallet on the head. Naveed succumbed instantly inside the car,” said the spokesman.

Later accused Ab Rashid drove the car to Rengi NHW and threw the dead body of Naveed there. He spotted blood on his clothes including feran and jacket and on the seats of his car. Also, a mobile phone & a shoe of the deceased was lying inside his car, he said.

The spokesman said the accused Ab Rashid then attempted to destroy the evidences linked to this crime and set them on fire including his clothes, Seat Covers, shoe and a mobile phone after shoving them inside the fireplace (Hammam) at his home. Investigating officers have seized the remains of burnt mobile phone, iron/ steel remains of other burnt materials as a part of evidence.

“The accused has been arrested and further investigation in the matter is going on. Accused Ab Rashid was managing the business of Naveed and was maintaining the records and was also holding the finances pertaining to the Naveed’s business,” said police spokesman in a statement.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here