SRINAGAR: A five-year-old boy, Mohammad Hunzala of Tikkan in Pulwama, remains missing after he was swept away by the fast-flowing waters of the Ranbi Ara stream near Dobjan during a family picnic three days ago.
Search and rescue operations led by the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) Shopian resumed for the third consecutive day near Dubjan Bridge to trace and retrieve the child. Officials said teams are continuously scanning downstream areas, but no trace has been found so far.
Authorities said the operation has been hampered by strong currents and extremely cold glacial waters, making recovery efforts difficult despite sustained searches since the incident.
Meanwhile, several leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), including Pulwama MLA Waheed Para, Aijaz Mir, Raja Waheed, and Majid Khan, visited the site on Tuesday and reviewed the ongoing operation.
The visiting leaders urged the administration to intensify the search and deploy additional resources, and also appealed for immediate intervention to strengthen rescue efforts under the supervision of the Lieutenant Governor.
Officials confirmed that the search operation remains underway. Meanwhile, authorities have urged people to exercise caution near water bodies and ensure close supervision of children to prevent such incidents.















