The Srinagar administration has released Rs one lakh as immediate relief to the victims of the fire incident resulting from gas leakage at Dalgate’s Dooni Khud area here on Sunday.
The relief amount including Rs 10,000 for each of the affected ten families was given out of the Red Cross fund.
The affected families were also provided six mattresses and twelve blankets each. Complete kitchen sets with gas stoves also made part of the relief items provided to each of the affected.
Those persons who were injured in this fire incident were given 5,000 rupees each to cover their treatment expenses. This is in addition to the relief amount provided to their families.
Deputy Commissioner Srinagar Dr Shahid Iqbal Choudhary who authorised relief in favour of the victims said all possible assistance and relief will be provided to the affected families and those injured in this unfortunate incident.