Son Electrocuted To Death, Father Receives Burn Injuries In Rajouri


SRINAGAR: A young man lost his life while his father received burn injuries after a live power wire fell over the duo in Gambhir Kotli area of Rajouri district, officials said on Tuesday.

Follow Us OnG-News | Whatsapp

Locals told the news agency KNO that the incident took place on Tuesday evening at around 06 PM. The locals also accused the officials of the Power Development Department (PDD) of negligence.

Locals informed that Mohammad Rafiq and his son Mohammad Hanif were present outside their house when a live electricity wire fell over the duo, leaving both of them severely wounded.

“Mohammad Hanif succumbed to injuries in Rajouri GMC where he was referred from Manjakote PHC while the father of the deceased Mohammad Rafiq is undergoing treatment in a local hospital,” locals informed.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here