SRINAGAR: Two Assam Rifles personnel were killed and five others injured on Friday after insurgents launched an ambush in Manipur’s Bishnupur district, officials said, as reported by Hindustan Times.
The attack occurred at Nambol Sabal Leikai along National Highway-150, where a group of heavily armed militants opened fire on the security convoy. The soldiers retaliated, triggering a brief exchange of fire before the assailants fled the scene.
The Assam Rifles personnel were travelling in a 407 Tata vehicle when the attack occurred at around 6 PM on Friday evening.
The injured personnel were rushed to a nearby medical facility, and their condition is being monitored. Additional reinforcements have been deployed, and a search operation has been launched in the area to trace the attackers.
Authorities have not yet confirmed the group responsible for the assault. The incident comes amid heightened security measures in the state, which has witnessed repeated militant strikes targeting security forces.
Officials said the attack highlights the continuing threat posed by insurgent outfits operating in the region. Security has been tightened along major routes, including NH-150, to prevent further attacks.
So far, no group has claimed responsibility for the attack.















