SRINAGAR: Two non-local women were injured due to electric shock in Qazigund village of South Kashmir’s Anantnag district on Saturday evening while the locals blamed Power Development Department (PDD) for the incident stating that the live high tension wires are fitted temporary.
Quoting an official the news agency KNO reported that two non-local women identified as Hari Chandra, wife of Kashmora Singh and Lakhivindra, wife of Jonny Singh–both from Gurdaspur Punjab, received an electric shock after HT line fell on them in a brick kiln at Baihama Qazigund.
He said both tje injured were shifted to Emergency Hospital Qazigund where from they were referred to GMC Anantnag for further treatment.
Locals said that the HT line is not being repaired in the area, which poses a big threat to life and property.
“We updated the PDD officials about the issue many times, but they always ignored our demands,” the residents said.
Meanwhile, the residents appealed to higher ups to intervene and redress their grievances.