Two Persons Die, Six Hospitalized after Inhaling Poisonous Gas in Budgam

KL NEWS NETWORK

SRINAGAR

In a tragic incident of its kind, two persons died due to inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a well in Magam area of central Kashmir’s Budgam district. Six others, who had gone to rescue them, have also been hospitalized.

A police officer told news gathering agency Global News Service (GNS) that two persons went into the well at Badran, Magam in order to clean it. However, they fell unconscious and soon three more persons jumped into the well to rescue the duo. They too fell unconscious and did not come out from it, the official said.

He said three more persons later jumped for rescue them but they too failed to come out of the well.

As the news about the eight persons trapped inside the well spread in the area, hundreds of villagers reached to the spot. Subsequently, a police team also reached to the spot and later evacuated all the eight persons from the well, the official said.

He said that two persons Nisar Ahmad Lone son of Abdul Rashid and Haneef Ahmad Lone son of Abdul Hamid who initially went inside the well were declared brought dead by the doctors on arrival and the remaining six persons were shifted to a nearby Sub-District hospital Magam in an unconscious state.

The official identified them as Bilal Ahmad Lone son of Ghulam Mohammad, Riyaz Ahmad Lone son of Sonaullah, Mehrajud-Din son of Mohammad Afzal are undergoing treatment at SDH Magam and the remaining three have been identified as Abdul Majeed Lone son of Abdul Rehman, Ishfaq Ahmad Rather son of Abdul Aziz and Abdul Majeed Waza son of Ahmadullah were later removed to SKIMS Soura for specialized treatment.

Meanwhile, a pall of gloom descended in the village following the deaths of two persons.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here