SRINAGAR: Three United States service members have been killed and five others seriously injured during operations against Iran, US Central Command said on Sunday.
Several additional personnel suffered minor shrapnel wounds and concussions and are expected to return to duty, the command said, adding that major combat operations remain under way.
The casualties occurred on the second day of a joint US-Israeli campaign targeting Iran, including strikes that killed the country’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, along with other senior figures. Officials declined to release the identities of the dead, citing the need to notify next of kin.
Donald Trump said military action against Iran would continue through the week, while Iranian authorities signalled plans to intensify retaliation.
Iran has launched waves of missile and drone strikes targeting US bases and regional allies, including United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Oman, previously largely unaffected, also reported attacks on Sunday.















