Youth Dies Of Asphyxiation In Doda

SRINAGAR: An 18-year-old youth, working in a hotel as a cook, died of suffocation while his colleague was found in an unconscious state after the duo had kept a coal gas heater in their room in Doda district, officials said on Thursday.

A police official told news agency duo Shahnawaz Hussain (18), and Adil Hussain Sheikh (22), both residents of Dharam area of Tehsil Gool in District Ramban were working as cooks in a hotel at Kahara, Doda.

They were found in an unconscious state in their rented room nearby and subsequently removed to hospital where doctors declared Adil brought dead on arrival, he said. Adil has been admitted and is under treatment, he said. His condition is stated to be stable, the official said. He said the preliminary investigation has revealed that they had kept a coal gas heater in the room and the death seems to be due to asphyxiation, he added.. (GNS)

I agree to the Terms and Conditions of Kashmir Life
Advertisements

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here