Youth electrocuted in Islamabad, leaves devastated family behind

by Umar Khurshid

Srinagar: A 21-year-old youth from Anzwalla village of South Kashmir’s Islamabad district died due to electrocution in Jangalat Mandi area of Islamabad town on Wednesday evening.

A police officer said that Danish Ahmed Wani, son of Mohammad Ashraf Wani, a resident of Anzwalla village of Islamabad, a painter by profession received the serious electric shock while working in a hospital building in Islamabad.

Danish Ahmed Wani, son of Mohammad Ashraf Wani

The officer said they received an information around 5:15 pm today, Danish and his other colleagues were working (painting) on a newly constructed hospital building, after receiving the shock Danish was immediately taken to nearby district hospital Islamabad where doctors declared him dead.

After completing all the legal and medical formalities, the body of the deceased was handed over to his family for last rites, he added.

According to the locals, the financial condition of the family is not good and the deceased was survived by father mother and two sisters.

Local sources said that when the news about the death of Danish reached his home in Anzwalla this evening, his family was shattered and the entire village is in mourning over the death.

“Due to the fewer earnings, he left his studies years back and was helping the family by working as a painter. The loss of Danish will devastate the family who were dependent on his earnings” said Imtiyaz Ahmed, a local resident.

“Danish would bear the expenditure of studies of his two sisters and also support the family. This family has seen hardships due to poverty and after started working, they had started to do well,” says a neighbour Ishfaq Ahmed.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here