In tragic incident a lady alongwith her two daughters died of suffocation during their sleep due to leakage of LPG gas in Kulgam, police said on Thursday.
Sonia wife of Khursheed Ahmad Dar alongwith two daughters 6 year old Rahie and 8 years old Tanveera were found dead in their kitchen at village Ladgoo, in Damhal Hanjipora.
Police rushed to the spot and found that leakage of gas cylinder in the kitchen where the trio was sleeping.
Police said that the deceased have died apparently of suffocation due to the gas. The proceedings under section 174 CrPC were initiated to ascertain the cause of the death.
After the completion of post mortem at District Hospital, Kulgam and other legal formalities the bodies were handed over to their relatives for last rites.