Seven residential houses were damaged in a major fire incident at Sopore this evening reportedly due to the leakage in domestic gas cylinder.
Reports reaching Kashmir news Service (KNS), said that fire broke out Batpora Sopore from the residential house of Bashir Ahmad Patigoroo due to which at least seven residential houses were damaged.
The reports KNS received mentioned that the leakage in the domestic gas cylinder took place in the house of Bashir Ahmad Patigoroo at about 5 in the evening. The fire engulfed the whole house and ablaze 6 other houses in the neighbourhood.
The 4 story house of Abdula Majeed wani, Ghulam Mohammad Wani , Mukhtar Ahmad Bhat, Imtiyaz Ahmad Altaf Ahmad were gutted due to the abrupt fire.
The eye witnesses told KNS that the fire lasted for more than 6 hours and that the Fire and Emergency services swung in action and tried hard to extinguish the fire. “There seem to be the shortage of water due to which the massive fire could not be stopped at the earliest and the bad conditions of the roads disturbed the fast movement of the fire stopping vehicles,” said an eye witness residing in the area where the incident was reported.
Reports further mention that the property of Ghulam Mohammad Wani was completely burnt and that the area is still under trauma due to the heavy loss caused the properties.