In view of Coronavirus cases (COVID-19) being reported from many affected countries i.e. China, Iran, Italy, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, South Korea, Hong Kong as well as parts of India, Foreigners Registration office has asked all foreigners visiting Jammu & Kashmir U.T to adhere to the following directions.
It is mandatory to fill-up the self-declaration form that you have not visited any Corona Virus affected Country in the recent past, forms are available at the Health Counter established at all entry points i.e. Lakhanpur, Jammu Airport, Railway Station and Hotels.
- Medical checkup is mandatory for all those who have visited above-mentioned countries if there is past history or symptoms of CORONA Virus at nearest medical centres.
- If you feel sick or symptoms of CORONA Virus while De-boarding the flight or train or vehicle while coming to Jammu immediately report the matter to Airport Health office and disseminate the information immediately to Helpline Numbers 01912520982 (Control Room, Directorate of Health Services), 01912582621 (CID SB C/R Jammu), 01912582634 (FRO Jammu) and 0191254967 (UT call for MK),
- Avoid close contact with fellow travellers, if you see someone who is visibly coughing/sneezing/sick, you may keep a safe distance from that person.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap or sanitizer and wear a mask in case of fever, coughing/sneezing.
- Follow the advice of the Airport health officer or as conveyed by the official at the helpline.
- Maintain effective self-isolation at your place of lodgment/Home.
- Cover your mouth while coughing/sneezing.
- Report your illness to the nearest health facility and also inform the treating doctor of your travelling history.
- Avoid visiting crowded/ mass gatherings etc, because COVID-19 has a pattern of transmission. You are requested to follow the above advisory to safeguard your own health and the health of the people in your close contact.