#Day36: Not 2 hours, I stopped ambulance for 10 minutes only: SHO Bijbehara



Reacting over the allegations levelled by doctors and para-medics of the sub-district hospital Bijbehara, Station House Officer Bijbehara Police Station Arshid Khan Saturday said that ‘neither police thrashed any medico nor did it open up fire on any youth.’’

Talking to a local news gathering agency, CNS, Khan said that there was no deployment on the road when a youth was hit by a bullet in the town. “The deployment reached at police station at around 7 in the evening when we heard a bullet shot. Our CCTV footage showed a large group of people were present outside the Bijbehara hospital. Instead of informing the police, the doctors bundled the bullet hit injured youth into an ambulance. We simply stopped the ambulance and for sake of investigation took the ambulance into the police station for 10 minutes,” he said.

Khan added that “the bullet hit youth turned out to be a ‘chronic’ stone-pelter and it also proved that neither he was shot at by militants nor by any government forces personnel as all the deployment was present inside the police station. We doubted that the youth might have been fiddling with his pistol resulting in his injuries,” he said and identified the wounded youth as Aqib Ahmed Dar of Bijbehara.

Responding to a question Khan said that that it was his job to ascertain the facts. “We are accountable and to give answer to our superiors it was my responsibility to find out who fired upon the youth. For that reason, we brought the injured youth into the police station. He is stable and is being treated in the hospital,” he said.

He termed the allegations baseless that police thrashed any doctor or Para-medical staffer.

Pertinently, the doctors and para-medics of sub-district hospital Bijbehara staged a protest demonstration and alleged that SHO Arshad Khan beat up the hospital staff thrice in last one month. They alleged that when a youth was shot by police in the area and the ambulance carrying the youth was taken to police station for two hours on the instructions of SHO Khan which delayed the treatment of the injured youth.

Khan however, said that he has videography of the incident which negates the version of the doctors. (CNS)

I agree to the Terms and Conditions of Kashmir Life


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here