The National Assembly of Pakistan was informed on Monday that three hundred and nineteen ceasefire violations have been committed by Indian troops on LoC since November last year, Radio Pakistan reported.
Responding to a question, during a question hour, Minister for Defence Khurram Dastgir Khan informed the House that sixty-six civilians embraced martyrdom and two hundred twenty-eight injured due to unprovoked firing by Indian forces since January 2013, the report said.
He said, “Indian army is deliberately targeting civilians along LoC.”
He said Pakistan Army is responding in a befitting manner and is taking all necessary safeguards to protect the life and property of citizens.
The Minister said, “The objective of the Indian firing is to divert the attention of the world community from the gross human rights violations committed by Indian forces in Kashmir.”