JK High Court Orders Police to File Chargesheet In Sadrakoot Massacre

KL NEWS NETWORK

SRINAGAR

Jammu and Kashmir High Court Tuesday ordered SHO Sumbal Police Station to file a chargesheet in the Sadrakoot massacre by 24th November, Jammu Kashmir Coalition of Civil Society (JKCCS) said in a statement.

“Today Justice Hasnain Masoodi, Jammu and Kashmir High Court, ordered SHO, Sumbal Police Station to file a chargesheet in the 5 October 1996 Sadrakoot massacre by November 24,” JKCCS spokesperson said.

“The court was hearing the petition filed by families of the victims of the massacre where seven civilians of three families including women and children were killed by government gunmen (Ikhwan) Abdul Rashid Parray [alias Rashid Billa], Wali Mohammad Mir and Mohammad Ayoub Dar, then working for the army. The petition sought investigations to be concluded on FIR no. 125/1996 in this case.”

The SHO Sumbal Police Station, had been directed to be present in court on this date, the spokesperson said.

“19 years after the massacre, the SHO informed the High Court that statements of five witnesses had been recorded under Section 164-A CrPC before the lower court but sought more time to conclude investigations. The High Court directed that investigations be completed and chargesheet filed in one week i.e. 24th November. Therefore, effectively, the accused Abdul Rashid Parray [alias Rashid Billa], Wali Mohammad Mir and Mohammad Ayoub Dar, must be arrested by 24th November.”

The arrest of and chargesheet against Abdul Rashid Parray and his accomplices will be the first step in the struggle for justice and accountability in this case, he said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here