SRINAGAR: Jammu and Kashmir Police on Tuesday issued a traffic diversion plan on the Srinagar-Baramulla highway in view of a Muharram procession scheduled on Tuesday.
To facilitate the Muharram procession on August 24,2022, certain police arrangements have been made. Commuters and pedestrians are requested to adopt following routes while they travel, said police spokesman in a statement.
The procession is scheduled to be taken out from Chanibal Pattan to Narbal on 25th Muharram i.e August 24,2022.
“All type of traffic will be stopped at Narbal and Hartrath (Singhpora) on NHW from 12 Noon to 0700 pm,” said the spokesman.
TRAFFIC ADVISORY FOR TOMORROW ON BARAMULLA-SRINAGAR NATIONAL HIGHWAY IN VIEW OF #25th #MUHARRAM #PROCESSIONS AT #CHANBAL AND #MIRCHIMAR@JmuKmrPolice @KashmirPolice @DIGBaramulla pic.twitter.com/2bRONOTJ0v
— Baramulla Police (بارہمولہ پولیس) (@BaramullaPolice) August 23, 2022
The traffic diversion from Srinagar to Baramulla and Baramulla to Srinagar is planed as under :
- Srinagar bound vehicles from North Kashmir viz Kupwara, Handwara & Sopore will move via Hygam to Sumbal to HMT.
- Vehicles from Baramulla, Uri will move from Hamrey Gate, Pattan to Sumbal to HMT Srinagar.
- Vehicles from Pattan will move to Srinagar via Hartarth Bridge to Khampath to Shadipora to HMT Srinagar.
- Heavy motor vehicles moving towards North Kashmir from Srinagar will move via Narbal, Magam turn right near SDPO office Magam to Kungumdara to Khore to Hanjiwara to Pattan.
- Light vehicles moving towards North Kashmir from Srinagar will move to Baramulla via Narbal to Kanihama to Nooripora to Archanderhama to Gund Khoja Qasim to Sinqpora Pattan.