PDD Employee Electrocuted; Family Alleges PDD’s Negligence As Reason Of Death

KL Report

SRINAGAR

Day after a PDD employee lost his life in Khanyar Srinagar due to electric shock. Family of the victim Thursday alleged that the cause of the death of the PDD casual labour was due to the negligence of the PDD department.

Talking to KNS the family members of the victim Lateef Ahmad Bhat, alleged that the victim was repairing a high tension line on an electric in the Khanyar area of the Srinagar. They alleged PDD department without caring about the life of their employee switched on the power supply due to which Bhat got a strong electric shock and later on died in SMHS. “We have logded the FIR in the Khanyar police station.The police also assured us that we will investigate the matter
properly”, said the victim’s family.

Medical report also suggests the victim has died due to electrocution. However, the PDD deptt. officials denied the allegations. “The employee died a natural death and there was no case of electrocution as all the lines in the grid station were on the ground and there was no question of restoring power supply at the time,” Aijaz Ahmad sheikh, AEE Khanyar grid station said. Family of the victim urged on the Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for taking the matter seriously into consideration and issue adequate compensation and a Government job to the family of the victim. “He was the only source of income and he was the only son of my brother. My brother has to now support his three daughters. Being an aged person it is almost impossible for him to support his daughters in this old age. So I am requesting the authorities to do the required justice with the family,” said Abdul Aziz, Uncle of the victim.

“Around 100 daily and casual laborers have died while performing duties in PDD because the department has no safety equipments for the employees who have been tasked to perform duty without any safety measures,” said a PDD daily wager.
He further said that around 185 employees in the power department have become handicapped in last 15 years due to electric current but still the government has not woken up.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here