SRINAGAR: A Power Development Department daily wager lineman was electrocuted in Uri in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district on Wednesday evening.
Reports said that lineman namely Mohammad Amin, 55, son of Mohammad Azam Awan was repairing a transformer at his native village Kalgi in Uri and in the course of time received an electric shock.
The lineman suffered burn injuries and was shifted to sub-district hospital Uri for treatment.
Quoting a health official at SDH Uri news agency GNS reported that the person has been referred to GMC Baramulla for preferential treatment.
Meanwhile, a police officer has also confirmed the incident.