Visiting Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s announcement about fresh relief is from his Prime Minister’s Relief Fund and not in response to the package that the state government is demanding, officials said. The state memorandum seeking Rs 33995 crore package will be considered after the state government completes its loss assessment exercise, officials accompanying the PM said.
After the Prime Minister concluded his visit, he made following announcements involving financial help.
(1) Release of an amount of Rs 570 crores for the repairs of houses damaged in the recent floods.
(2) Provision of Rs 175 crores for restoration of six hospitals in Srinagar, Jammu and Leh.
(3) Free replacement of books and notebooks to all the children upto primary and upper primary level schools.
(4) That Rs. 1,000 crores announced by him during his last visit to the valley has been released by the Central Government and the same needs to be spent quickly by the State Government.
(5) That the State Government has submitted a memorandum for seeking special package for rehabilitation of the flood victims. He stated that appropriate funds will be released after examination of the memorandum by the Central Government.