Police arrest three persons over Manasbal blast case



Follow Us OnG-News | Whatsapp

Police on Thursday claimed to have solved the Manasbal blast case by arresting three persons involved in the case.

Taking social networking site Twitter SSP Ganderbal Fayaz Ahmad wrote: “Manasbal blast case solved. Three persons involved arrested. Will be dealt under relevant sections of law.”

Meanwhile, Police in a statement said that on June 21, 2018, on next day of Eid-Ul-Fitr when a huge crowd of people including men, women, and children were celebrating Eid in Manasbal park.

“An explosive device suddenly exploded in a government dustbin kept in park resulting in injuries to 13 persons among whom most of them are students. In fact, some unknown persons had kept/exploded the said device in order to spread the terror among the general public out of their terrorist activities who later flew away from the place of occurrence,” the police spokesman said.

“On receipt of information at police station Safapora case FIR NO. 20/2018 U/S 307 RPC, 3/4 Explosive substance act was registered in police station Safapora and investigation taken up. SSP Ganderbal Fayaz Ahmad Lone constituted a team under the supervision of Ashiq Hussain DySP Hqrs Ganderbal for speedy and transparent investigation of the case,” the spokesman said.

“During the course of the investigation, the injured persons were given treatment at JVC and SKIMS Srinagar. The site plan was prepared some remnants of the dustbin and other samples were collected and pieces of rubber, plastic and a wick has been recovered/seized from a place of occurrence and sent to FSL where from opinion is awaited,” he said.

The spokesman said that during the investigation three suspected were arrested identified as Younis Khan son of Late Ayoub Khan, Irfan Khan son of  Late Ghulam Mohammad Khan and Bilal Mir son of  Ghulam Rasool Mir all residents Kondbal village of Ganderbal.

Further investigation has revealed that Younis, Irfan, and Bilal had hatched a criminal conspiracy and has manufactured this explosive device on 17-06-2018 at Kondbal by way of arranging a Pepsi bottle, adhesive tape, fuse, wick (soyeth) and nitrate mixture and went to Mansbal park on a motorcycle. The explosive device was put by them inside a steel government dustbin. Thereafter the fuse was ignited by Younis, the device exploded and all the three fled away from the scene of occurrence, said police.

“Further investigation is going on and further developments and arrests are expected soon,” said police spokesman in a statement.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here