The Indian Army on Saturday dismissed media reports that a soldier was abducted by militants in Jammu and Kashmir’s Budgam district.
Taking to social networking site Twitter, Defence spokesperson wrote: “Media reports of the abduction of a serving Army soldier on leave from Qazipora, Chadoora, are incorrect. (The) individual is safe. Speculations may please be avoided.”
Clarification. Media reports of the abduction of a serving Army soldier on leave from Qazipora, Chadoora, Budgam are incorrect. Individual is safe. Speculations may please be avoided.@PMOIndia @nsitharaman @DefenceMinIndia @PIB_India @adgpi
— A. Bharat Bhushan Babu (@SpokespersonMoD) March 9, 2019
The reports on Friday said that the soldier identified as Muhammad Yaseen of the Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JAKLI) division had been abducted from his home around 10 pm late last night.
Media reports quoting Deputy inspector general of police, central Kashmir range, V K Birdi as having said last night that three people believed to be militants barged into the house of JAKLI solider Yaseen at Qazipora and whisked him away. “This is all I can say at the moment,” according to reports he had said.