KL NEWS NETWORK
Jammu and Kashmir police Friday evening issued a detailed traffic plan in view of the upcoming Eid-ul-Azha.
The police spokesperson said, “in view of the ensuing Eid-ul-Azha, tens of thousands of vehicles are expected to throng the city Hub at Lal Chowk.”
Traffic police has made elaborate arrangements to discourage traffic gridlocks along Residency Road and MA Road stretches which otherwise puts the common man to a lot of inconveniences the whole area gets converted into a shopper’s paradise leaving least space for vehicles to move and therefore for convenience of general public, the following traffic police arrangements are hereby made from wee hours wef 21-09-2015 till conclusion of Eid-ul-Azha prayers:-
NO ENTRY ZONE:
No vehicular traffic shall be allowed to ply on Residency Road from Radio Kashmir to Hari Singh High Street wef 21-09-2015 till Eid-Ul-Azha.
All Lal Chowk bound commercial vehicles approaching from Soura, Hazaratbal and Harwan shall adopt the following routes after converging at Badyari Chowk:-
- a) Badyari Chowk- M.A Bridge- M.A road-Budshah Bridge. At Budshah Bridge all vehicles shall take U-turn immediately below the Flyover and shall proceed back along Budshah Bridge- Maisuma- Madina Chowk-Exchange Road- Barbarshah-Baba Dharam Dass temple.
- b) At Baba Dharam Dass temple vehicles bound for Soura and on onwards shall take a left turn towards Babademb and onwards.
- c) At Baba Dharam Dass temple the vehicles bound for Hazaratbal shall adopt Khonakhan- Khanyar route for onward journey.
- d) At Baba Dharam Dass temple the vehicles bound for Nishat, Harwan shall follow Khonakhan- Badyari Chowk route for onward journey.
Ø All Lal Chowk bound commercial vehicles approaching from Pampore, Panthachowk, Batawara shall adopt the following route after reaching at Sonwar:-
Sonwar-Radio Kashmir-TRC-Golf Crossing-M.A road-Budshah bridge and shall take Fly-over route to reach Batamaloo and on return shall adopt Fire-Service-Flyover- Budshah bridge- Maisuma-Madina Chowk- Exchange Road-Barbarshah- Baba Dharam Dass temple- SRTC Crossing-Dalgate-Syed Sahib Sonwar and shall proceed onwards.
Ø All Batamaloo bound vehicles coming from Budgam, Rangreth, Humhama, Chadoora, Kralpora, Natipora, Sanatnagar, Rawalpora etc. shall after reaching Sherghari shall adopt Exhibition-Secretariat road to reach Batmalloo and on return they shall follow Reckchowk, P/S Sharegari-Iqbal Park-Bakshi Stadium, L.D Hospital, Lal Mandi, Jawahir Nagar, Jawahir Nagar Bund-Rambagh bridge and onwards.
Ø All JVC/HMT bound vehicles shall take Tatoo Ground- Batamalloo route and on return shall take U-turn at Secretariat crossing for onward journey.
ONE WAY TRAFFIC AND THEIR PARKINGS:
Private vehicles approaching Lal Chowk shall have an elaborate parking arrangement in and around the city center, which are as:-
- a) Residency road right from Radio Kashmir upto Hari Singh High Street shall be declared One-Way for LMVs with entry at HSHS and exit point at Fancy Fabrics, Regal Chowk, Polo View lane and no vehicle shall be allowed to enter the Residency road from Radio Kashmir side.
- b) Parking spaces like, Sheikh Bagh, Press Enclave, Polo Ground (East/west), Polo View parking, Khalisa High School, Along Market near V-mart, Sheri Kashmir Stadium, could be utilized.
- c) All Shopkeepers/business establishments of Lal Chowk area shall park their vehicles before 0900 hours at authorized and designated parking places.
NO PARKING ZONE:
No vehicle shall be allowed to park along M.A Road on either tube, Jahangir Chowk, Exhibition, HSHS and violators shall be dealt sternly. All commercial vehicle operators shall ensure that they shall not resort to intermittent stop, gaps and shall board or alight passengers at designated bus stops/bus bays.