SRINAGAR: US President Donald Trump on Monday announced what he described as a “complete and total” ceasefire between Israel and Iran, set to take effect in phases over the next 24 hours.
In a statement on Truth Social, Trump said the ceasefire had been agreed upon by both nations, marking a major de-escalation in a 12-day conflict that began on June 13. Iran is expected to initiate the ceasefire first, with Israel following 12 hours later. Full cessation of hostilities is expected within 24 hours.
“Upon the 24th Hour, an Official END to THE 12 DAY WAR will be saluted by the World,” Trump wrote, adding that both sides had shown “stamina, courage, and intelligence” in ending the conflict.
Trump said that the ceasefire would be for 12 hours from each side and urged both countries to remain “peaceful and respectful” during the period.
The conflict began after Israel launched “Operation Rising Lion,” targeting Iranian military and nuclear sites. Iran responded with “Operation True Promise 3,” involving drone and missile strikes on Israeli energy infrastructure.
Tensions escalated further when the United States launched “Operation Midnight Hammer,” striking three Iranian nuclear facilities on Sunday. Iran retaliated with missile attacks on US military bases in Qatar and Iraq, including the Al Udeid Air Base.
Trump concluded his message with a call for peace across the region, saying, “God bless Israel, God bless Iran, God bless the Middle East, God bless the United States of America, and GOD BLESS THE WORLD.”















